Thursday, June 9, 2011

9th WBYC 2009

This was a picture taken last May 2011. I was wearing the T-shirt I received from the 9th World Baptist Youth Congress held about 2 years ago. Even until now, I still have this shirt, took care of it not because of its monetary value (because it was given free) but because of its sentimental significance. It reminds me of the remarkable experience I had especially during sermons, mealtime with new friends, and of course the yearly "Amazing Race". I really did enjoyed the moments I had with fellow young Baptists from all over the Philippines. I have also attended the 10th WBYC (but t-shirts were already for sale--crisis, hehe) but too bad, I didn't make it to the 11th.
I just want to say thanks to all those who gave their maximum effort in order to make such a huge event (imagine catering hundreds of young people from different parts of the country!). Truly, it made a significant change in my life as a young Christian. I learned a lot of unforgettable life lessons from powerful preachers like Dr. Mike Wells, Dr. Armie Jesalva, and a lot more, ( I can't remember all their names but I have it in my notebook anyways.
To the KAYA ministry, and all those involved in this good work, keep it up!-- because your labour will never be in vain. I look forward for the next WBYC, I hope and pray that I would be able to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment